Monday 15 April 2013

My Other Life

I was asked the other day to write something about my hobby Scuba Diving so I thought I would also post it here you all to read.  I have been diving for about 15 years.  I started when the family got together to pay for my Mother to learn for her 60th birthday.  My sister and I decided to go along as well.

Anyone can learn to dive and you don’t have to an Olympic swimmer just an average one who is happy in the water.  There are some restrictions on the depth that children can dive and some medical conditions can prevent you learning or may restrict what you can do.

Why do I dive, well it is not just for the marine life.  When you are under the water there is no noise apart from your breathing.  No television, telephones or music (although this is now possible).  It is very relaxing and time to just chill out.

I have been diving in Alanya, Turkey for 8 years now and although you don’t have the many coulourful fish that you can see around the coral reefs of the Red Sea there is still plenty to get your attention.  Along with the Parrot fish, Bream, Turkish wrasse, you get Moray eels, Pipefish, Calmar, Octopus, several different Types of Ray and the Nudibranch (colourful sea slugs).  Top on everyone’s list are the Turtles and the resident seal that lives in the Cave (experienced divers can enter this cave).

We have several caves that divers can enter and a couple of wrecks to go with the rocks that are always interesting to look under, you never know what you can find.

So if you want something different to do come diving, you can always do a Try Dive before you commit but I will warn you that once you have been under the surface of the sea you will not want to stop.
Interested then check out my site http://divinginalanya.blogspot.com/ or email: diving_in_alanya@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment